A power tower workout equipment is used by people to build upper bodies and to make abdominal muscles. It is also known as the knee raise station. Power towers come in different weights and sizes and can accommodate different weights of people. This article will help you understand how effective a power tower workout is and which exercises you can do with a power tower. The best way to use equipment to get desired results and some best tips to do a workout at home.
Power Tower Workout
The most beneficial exercises to strengthen your upper body can be done with the help of a power tower help. These exercises are almost the same as people do in calisthenic parks. There is a misconception among, most of us that we need to lift heavy weights and do extensive exercise to build our physique. This is absolutely not true you need to modify your workout and do more reps and sets from time to time to build up your body muscles.
The muscles and joints gain power and strength if they get the right effect. exercise is a natural way of lifting the body rather than harming it. Also, multiple muscle groups are moved during these exercises which leads to to a balanced physique and better functional strength.
Let us check which exercises you can do with the power tower.
01 – Pull-ups and Chin-ups:
Usually, the power tower workout comes up with a straight chin-up bar so you can pull up and chin up with a wider and closer grip. The better power tower is equipped with multiple grips to pull up bars that offer more exercise and target different muscles.
The standard power towers target back muscles such as the lats and lower back but they also engage the biceps, shoulder, core arm. with a narrow and close grip, you can target group muscles more accurately.
- For beginners, they can use resistance bands with pull-up bars and put them under their feet.
- Athletes can use the single arm to pull up or chin to build extra back muscles.
- A gymnastic ring can be attached to the power tower if the power tower is too high from the ground.
Read More About Workouts
02 – Hanging Leg Raises:
The standard power tower has a vertical knee raise station. Hanging legs and lifting the knee definitely works but these are more challenging because controlling movements are very difficult.
- Attach ab straps or sling straps to the bar to control movements.
- Target your side abs by twisting your torso to the sides.
- You can use your ankle weight for more resistance.
03 – Chest and tricep dip:
It is a compound exercise in which almost all the upper body muscles are involved. The dip engages mainly the tricep, chest, and shoulders. for triceps keep your torso as vertical as possible. In this way, more weight is put on the triceps than the chest. you can put additional strain on your chest muscles by leaning forward.
- You can hold a dumbbell with your feet or a weighted vest for more hardness.
- You can do a bench dip if you find it hard to do a clean dip.
- Some power towers also come with adjustable dips.
- You can loop the resistance band with your knee for support.
04 – Push up station:
Pushup bar helps us to go deeper and offers a longer range of motion .itr helps in better stretching and contraction and leads to better muscle development. push-ups are mainly recommended for chest muscles and triceps but it also activates back muscles, core, and shoulders. with the help of a power tower, you can do lots of pushup variations.
- Beginners can take help from dip powers of the power tower for incline pushups.
- Expert athletes can do decline pushups or single-arm pushups
05 – Vertical knee raises:
Vertical knee raise is beneficial for those who want to shape their lower abs and to get a v cut look. as a standard power tower has an elbow pad and backrest it becomes easy To perform ab exercises with hanging legs. People usually use a power tower for leg lift but they can also target oblique by twisting the torso to the sides.
- Ankle weight and a rubber band can be used for hardness.
How to choose the best power tower
Some factors should be considered while purchasing power tower:
Modest power towers offer different exercises with different benefits.
Bodyweight and size :
Power towers offer different sizes and weights. They are available in the market with different weight capacities. Individuals should check before buying that either the equipment they are buying is according to their weight capacity.
You must check for the stability of power towers. Power towers come with bolts holes and a wide base for user stability.
The durability of the power tower must be considered before buying, the ideal power tower is made up of steel.
Power towers usually occupy large spaces as they are not foldable. Before buying you must look for the workout space where you have to place a power tower.
List of Top 4 the Best Power Towers
Here are some top-rated power towers.
01 – Fitness reality x class power tower:
- It has pulled up bars, dipping pegs and leg raises.
- This power tower comes with two adjustable handlebars to perform different exercises.
- The weight capacity this power tower offers is 400 pounds.
- it has forearm and elbow support and backrest support.
- The frame is made up of heavy-duty coated steel.
- It offers more durability with 4 bolts holes that fix on the ground.
- The company offers 10 years frame warranty,3 years of parts warranty, and 2 years wearable parts warranty.
02 – Supports royal power tower dip :
- This power tower also comes with a push-up, pull-up, and leg and knee raise.
- It offers six adjustable heights
- It features a tiled armrest and adjustable back cushion for safety.
- Weight capacity of up to 400 pounds.
- It features anti-slip foot covers and a safety locknut.
03 – Satimna power tower 1698:
- This product comes with a pull-up and dips station as well as a wide padded loop for hanging leg raises.
- The pull-up station has multi-grip options
- It has a solid steel frame which makes it more durable.
- For floor protection, anti-skid end caps are attached
- It offers a maximum weight capacity of 250lb.
- The dimension of the power tower is80.25 INCHES by 40 in by 35 in and the weight of the machine is 54 lb.
- The machine offers a 3-year frame warranty and 90 days parts warranty.
04 – Stamina outdoor fitness power tower.
- People buy this power tower for an outdoor workout as it offers weather resistance paint and chip resistance. some of its features are
- It has a 300lb weight capacity.
- It features dip, pulls up, and crossbars.
- Access to a small audio coaching app helps in a personalized workout.
- The power tower weighs 88 pounds and its dimensions are length 49 in Width 50 in and thickness 81 in.
Health benefits and risks
The center for disease control and prevention recommends that people should do muscle-strengthening exercise 2 or more days a week. They can do either 75 minutes of intensive exercise or 150 minutes of moderate exercise. Some studies also suggest that these types of activities lower mortality rates and are beneficial for health.
There are some precautions people should take while doing power towers in the gym to reduce the risk of injuries.
- Warming up before exercise
- Cooling down after exercise
- Checking the weight capacity before taking power tower
- Place the equipment on the floor for safe use.
The bottom line:
The power tower is a versatile piece of equipment that offers many useful workouts despite your skill level. The power tower is usually great for an upper body like chest and shoulders .choosing the right power tower depends upon many factors such as price, size, durability, weight capacity, and your personal needs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best power tower?
The best power towers offer you stability, high weight capacity, and which are comfortable to use.
Do power towers build muscles?
surely if you modify your daily workout with a new exercise, by doing more sets and repetitions. The muscle fiber needs more challenging exercise to build up muscles. But for real bodybuilding, you need to lift heavyweights.
Are the power towers good for abs?
Vertical leg lift is the best ab exercise for shaping your stomach but to lift the lower body the resistance is much higher than common crunches